Building a Silicone Rubber/Foam Latex Injection Gun
Using Your Injection Gun
To use your injection gun, you will need to create an injection hole in your stone mold.
- Use a small drill bit to create a hole all the way through the core of your mold. This hole should be over the lowest point of the mold, typically the chin on a mask.
- Use your 13/16-inch drill bit to enlarge the hole to fit the nozzle of your injection gun. Only drill part way though the core.
- Clean any stone dust from the hole and assemble your mold. Use duct tape or mold straps to secure the mold pieces.
- Remove the nozzle from your injection gun and pull the plunger handle all the way out.
- Prepare your foam latex or silicone rubber and pour it into the open front end of the injection gun.
- Replace the nozzle.
- Insert the nozzle into your mold's injection hole. Slowly and gently press down on the plunger until excess foam latex or silicone rubber vents from the edges of the mold pieces.
You may need to drill air holes over certain areas in order to allow air bubbles to escape.
- Building a Silicone Rubber/Foam Latex Injection Gun
- Building the Nozzle
- Building the Plunger
- Final Assembly
- Using Your Injection Gun