Princess Leia Organa was one of the greatest leaders of the Rebel Alliance, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the Empire’s tyranny. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranked among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic proved difficult for her. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career were accompanied by more personal losses, which she endured with her seemingly inexhaustible will.
(Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Flat-soled ankle boots.
- Boots are made of medium grey-blue matte fabric (taffeta or similar recommended); the same material used for Bodice Yoke & Upper Sleeve.
- The sole of the shoe is not visible from the side (covered by shoe material).
- There is a center seam at the front of the foot.
- Shoes are accented with textured metallic gold fabric (brocade, sequins, beads, and/or mesh or similar recommended) over the top of the foot.
- The gold decoration features a sharp “V” on the front of the foot, and a keyhole at the heel.
- Boots may have a slight wedge (less than 2.5cm/ 1″) and is fused into the sole.
- Shoes may have a back-center seam.
- Shoes may have an invisible/matching zipper.
- There is a narrow metallic gold edging around the edge of the gold fabric (soutache braid or similar recommend).
- Fitted bodice made of matte medium-weight cream, winter white, ivory, or off-white fabric (slight sheen or luster allowed); Suggested fabrics: Matte mid-weight satin, taffeta or crepe de chine weight; Flat or mild crinkle allowed (no visible ridges).
- Bodice has a center front and center back seam.
- Bodice has straight, horizontal boat neckline, lower than clavicle in the front; neckline in back goes straight across mid-shoulder blade level.
- Bodice has no visible closures (center back invisible zipper recommended).
- Bodice is decorated with wide banding of gold textured material(brocade, sequins, beads, and/or mesh or similar recommended), creating “V” shape that starts at the bottom of the front yoke at the side-front, over the bust and meeting at front center seam; Wide gold banding also decorates the bottom edge of the bodice, creating both center front and center back “V” shape; All gold banding has gold metallic edging (soutache braid recommended).
- Bodice has a yoke around the top edge made from medium gray blue matte medium weight (slight sheen allowed); Suggested Fabrics: Matte shantung satin, taffeta or crepe de chine.
- Yoke is decorated with many vertical lines at regular intervals (pin tucks, quilting, embroidery, or paneling recommended); Middle yoke line lines up with the center front seam of the bodice, 9 to 11 lines recommended (proportional to wearer).
- Bottom edge of yoke curves down into a V-shaped point at the center front and center back.
- Dress has cap sleeves with slightly poofy shape (internal support for puffed shape recommended), made of same material as the yoke; sleeves are no longer than the armpit.
- Sleeves have vertical lines from the shoulder to bottom edge (pin tucks or panels recommended); there are approximately seven lines on each sleeve (proportional to wearer).
- A-line skirt made of light weight fabric in the same color as the bodice; fabric has some body so as to cling to the form when not in motion (bias-cut fabric recommended).
- Skirt does not have visible closures (invisible zipper recommended).
- Skirt is pin-tucked, and/or pleated at the waistline (roughly 18 pleats/pin-tucks, proportional to wearer).
- Skirt has slight train in the back and is slightly above floor-length in front.
- Bodice is lined.
- Bodice may have princess seams.
- Bodice has a short cape made of an opaque matte light- to medium-weight fabric (slight sheen allowed); cape may be the same color/fabric as the bodice/skirt or yoke/sleeves.
- Cape does not have seams and is made of a single piece of fabric (bias-cut recommended).
- Cape attaches at lower edge of back yoke, follows lower edge to under arm (side seam) where it attaches to the lower edge of the sleeve and wraps around sleeve’s lower edge like an extended sleeve; Bottom edge of cape ends roughly at hip-level in back and hangs down to roughly the elbow in front.
- Narrow textured metallic gold headband across the forehead (embossed plastic/metal or jacquard/sequined ribbon recommended); headband does not extend past the ears.
- Center front has a pink-red round or oval gem, slightly narrower than the headband; gem has round or diamond-shaped framing around it.
- Headband has narrow metallic gold edging.
- Narrow textured metallic gold choker around the neck (embossed plastic/metal or jacquard/sequined ribbon recommended).
- Choker has narrow metallic gold edging.
- Center front has a pink-red round or oval gem, slightly narrower than the choker.
- Textured metallic gold necklace (embossed plastic/metal or jacquard/sequined ribbon recommended) that extends from base on the neck in back to below the collarbone in the front.
- Necklace has pink-red circle or oval faceted gem in the center front; Gem has round framing around it.
- Choker has narrow metallic gold edging.
- Small pink-red or textured gold circle or oval gem earrings.
- Earrings may have pierced stud backs or clip-on backs.
- Large, shiny silver or white double-stacked solid bracelets; 2 sets, one for each arm.
- Bracelets have domed top.
- Right side has an upper section that disconnects to make communicator.
- Section for communicator lights up in green and/or red.
- Bracelets have two ties that hang down from each wrist.
- Hair is pulled to the back of the head, secured at the nape of the neck, with slightly curled tendrils on either side of the face at the “sideburns” area at ear; no bangs, brown hair recommended.
- One large bun on either side of the head, fully above the ear.
- One bun at the lower back of the head; smaller in size than side buns.
- Buns are covered in textured metallic gold mesh.
- Hair may have gray streaks.
- If a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be high quality and look like real hair.
- Costume Reference Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/leia-organa-poe-dameron-comic-cato-neimoidia/
- Member Build Threads – http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1112775#1112775
Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.