Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Undershirt with a jewel neckline and wide knuckle-length sleeves of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric.
- Wrapped about each lower forearm starting below the elbow and to the middle of the lower forearm are strips of a grayish homespun cloth with the edges left raw. The arm wraps are a lighter shade of grey than the tunic.
- The undershirt blouses slightly over the grey arm wraps and over the knuckles.
- The shoulder seams of the undershirt lay visible slightly past the shoulders and are neither directly over the shoulders nor hidden beneath the tunic.
- A matching blue, a very loosely-woven fabric overlays the solid blue fabric on the shirt.
- The neckline is bounded with matching narrow bias tape (preferably made of the same fabric as the base layer of the shirt).
- Sleeveless hip-length tunic of a medium heathered (muted, uneven color, two colors blended together into the yarn) gray to sandy brown fabric with a thick plain-weave (basket weave recommended)
- Has a narrow scoop neckline that tapers to a U-shape. The tunic neckline is slightly wider and deeper than the shirt neckline.
- There are only side seams and shoulder seams to the tunic.
- The neckline and armholes of the tunic have narrow matching bias-tape edging.
- There is no visible hem at the bottom of the tunic.
- Belt piece is comprised of three layers: wide blue cheesecloth underneath a brown belt/obi, with a narrow blue cheesecloth layer on top.
- Innermost layer is a wide soft belt (or narrow obi) of a medium blue tightly-woven cheesecloth, which is slightly wider than the brown layer on top
- Middle layer is a firmer belt of a dark brown textured matte fabric with diagonal pin tuck or tightly embroidered lines. These diagonal lines are in tight groups of three. Belt is decorated with scattered pattern of very small tan or pale golden yellow buttonhole eyelets (eyelets may be embroidered or finely painted).
- Top layer is a length of a medium blue tightly woven cheesecloth, slightly gathered at the center front. The ends of this top layer tie around in a knot at the wearer’s left side with the ends of the sash reaching just above the back of the knees.
- Centered on top of the three-layered obi/belt is a large round dark brown base with a smaller round red-orange cinnabar-like stone carved with an Art Deco motif. The diameter of the brown base is slightly narrower than the brown layer of the belt.
- Loose-fitting pants in a dark, muted plum crinkled matte fabric.
- Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum homespun matte fabric.
- The pants slightly blouse over the tops of the leg wraps.
- The ends of the pants hangs past the ankle and partially cover the top of the shoes.
- The bottom edge of the pants may be a continuous part of the pants, separate spat that covers the top of the shoe with the top edge tucked into the leg wraps, or a bottom edge of the leg wraps that is tucked into rest of the wraps at the ankle.
- The bottom hem of the pants has top-stitching.
- Dark brown matte leather or leather-like flat-soled shoes.
- The soles are darker than the rest of the shoes, preferably black.
- Hair is pulled away from the face and secured half-up at the crown of the head.
- A large braided bun is wrapped at the crown of the head with a wide base that is narrower at the top.
- Two narrow braids go over the top of the head like a head band and tuck underneath the bottom sides of the bun.
- A large section of hair hangs loose below the bun.
- One narrow braid loops down from the bun to near the bottom of the neck.
- Two larger braids loop down over that, reaching upper to mid-arm’s height. These braids start from the outside of the bun and meet at the center bottom of the bun.
- Naturally occurring hair only (brown hair color is preferred); no bangs.
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Updated: April 5, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.