[magny image=”http://www.newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/purple-senate2-657×1024.jpg” title=”” description=”” align=”right” click=”1″ scroll_zoom=”1″ small_image=”http://www.newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/purple-senate2-192×300.jpg” canvas_mode=”1″ maxwidth=”300px” zoom=”2″ dia=”200px” skin=”new-im-frame-simple,new-title-below,new-description-off,new-slider-below,new-im-magnifier-light new-im-magnifier-square” ]
Padmé Naberrie of Naboo was the younger daughter of Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, and the sister of Sola Naberrie. Later in her life, Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history. She was also the grandmother of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker. This relationship made her great-grandmother of Allana Solo, Jacen Solo’s daughter, and an ancestor of Nat, Kol, Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo.
Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation’s invasion in 32 BBY, thus becoming one of the most respected political figures in the galaxy. In 22 BBY, following the Military Creation Act, Anakin Skywalker was assigned to protect her, and following the Battle of Geonosis, the two secretly married on Naboo after the pair fell in love.
1. Fitted bodice with a pointed hem at the high hip in a royal blue or royal purple satin or satin-like fabric. The bodice has a V-shaped dense panel of royal blue or purple iridescent sequins and seed beads and a V-shaped band with a contoured point decorated with a swirling vine design in royal navy or purple satiny yarns couched in coordinating metallic threads. The bodice also has long fitted sleeves of a royal blue or royal purple crinkled satin or satin-like fabric.
2. Full floor-length A-line skirt in a royal blue or royal purple satin or satin-like fabric with a long contoured oval-shaped tabard extending to just above the hem, decorated with a dense swirling vine design in royal navy or purple satiny yarns couched in coordinating metallic threads. The skirt of the gown should have structure (hoop skirt preferred).
3. Fitted but partially open surcoat with a tall, fitted open collar, contoured shoulder wings, and very large, nearly floor-length, split, rounded wing sleeves of a flame or flame-like burnout velvet or other similar, velvet-like fabric. The surcoat includes medium navy or purple piping along the center front, collar, hem and sleeves, as well as decorative vertical piping seams along the front bodice connecting to contoured horizontal piping seams along the Move Central San Diego
back bodice. The collar and shoulder wings are dusted lightly with royal blue or purple iridescent sequins. The wing sleeves are lined in royal blue or royal purple crinkled satin or satin-like fabric, pinned at knee height in back by a large rosette brooch of royal blue or purple iridescent sequins and seed beads.
4. Long bell-shaped middle sleeves in a royal blue or royal purple satin or satin-like fabric, lined in a medium navy or purple silk or silk-like fabric. The sleeves are decorated with a dense swirling vine design in royal navy or purple satiny yarns couched in coordinating metallic threads.
5. Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
6. Warm antiqued brass choker with seven wire wrapped bands secured by long thin beveled “beads”.
7. Hair is pulled away from the face and tucked beneath a warm antiqued brass headdress resembling an inverted “footed vase” covered in micro braids wrapped in a cage of square-stamped and plain brass strips, with multi-sized loops of braids at the bottom of the “vase foot”. Naturally occurring hair colors only, no bangs.
- Kay Dee Purple Senate Gown Tutorial
- Padawan’s Guide Purple Senate Gown page
- SWFFAQ Purple Senate Gown page
Revised October 21, 2012