Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Medium red to red-pink long-sleeved shirt made of a light- to medium-weight fabric with a slight sheen and some drape.
- Shirt has a moderate scooped neckline. Neckline is either fully curved or comes to a slight V in the center front.
- Shirt sleeves blouse over fitted metallic gold cuffs at the wrist. Cuffs are roughly ¼ to 1/3 the length of the wearer’s forearm.
- The bottom edge of the shirt is not visible below the belt (tucked into pants recommended).
- Cuffs may have a twisted or angled texture
- Neckline may have matching or slightly lighter colored piping
- Medium magenta to red-purple sleeveless tunic made of medium- to light-weight fabric with a slight sheen
- Tunic has a curved neckline that is deeper and wider than the shirt neckline. Tunic neckline is roughly the same shape as the shirt neckline.
- Tunic has narrow shoulder straps and wide, scooped arm holes.
- Tunic has three finger-width vertical stripes running down the center front. The center stripe is made of the same fabric as the tunic. The two stripes on either side of the center stripe may be either a) the same fabric as the shirt, b) a completely transparent material, or c) a sheer fabric in the same color as the shirt.
- In the front, the tunic is either hidden by the belt or hangs slightly below the bottom edge of the belt.
- In the back, the tunic extends to the costumer’s mid-thigh, where it cuts straight across parallel to the floor. The sides of the tunic curve up from the bottom to roughly the side seam of the tunic on both sides. The tunic fully covers the wearer’s butt.
- Tunic is self-lined and does not have any visible topstitching.
- The vertical stripes stop at roughly the waist and are not visible below the belt.
- Ankle-length fitted pants or leggings made of a medium purple fabric (knit fabrics recommended)
- Pants do not have a fly or visible pockets.
- Pants may have a slight sheen.
- Metallic gold belt is worn around the waist
- Belt is roughly 5”-7” / 12.5 – 18 cm wide, proportional to wearer.
- Belt has a horizontal finger-width indentation around the center.
- Surface of belt is curved slightly outwards on either side of the center indentation.
- A subtle closure is hidden on the side(s) or back
- Belt may have a twisted or angled texture on the surface.
- Light pink flat shoes
- Shoes have a curved opening for the foot.
- Shoes have a rounded toe.
- Shoes may be carried as a prop instead of being worn.
- The inside of the shoe is also a matching light pink color.
- Long wavy hair (roughly lower-back to butt length)
- One or two braids together wrap over the top of the head, starting behind the ear at the base of the skull.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown recommended); no bangs.
- The hair at the back of the head is styled in one of two ways:
- Option A: Hair is pulled half-back into a large. twisted bun. The bun has a braid wrapped around its base.
- Option B: Another braid of roughly the same thickness as the braid(s) over the top of the head encircles the back of the head, starting at the base of the skull.
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be high-quality and look like real hair.
- For Option B: a narrow, light-pink headband or ribbon wraps loosely around the hair at an angle behind the back braid.
- Fingernails are painted medium red to red-pink, matching the shirt.
- Toenails may also be painted to match the shirt.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Updated: April 9, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.