“The Armorer” was a female Mandalorian Armorer from Mandalore who led the Tribe, a part of the Children of the Watch, during the New Republic Era. By forging beskar armor in the ancient tradition of the Mandalorian people, she played a vital role in keeping her people’s culture alive after so many Mandalorians had been killed in the purge. She gave guidance to many Mandalorians, including identifying their signets and refilled their ammunitions.
- Flightsuit fabric must be a cotton or cotton blend canvas or denim fabric. It is a one- or two-piece garment that fits snugly to the wearer. If a two-piece suit is used, it must appear as if one-piece.
- Fabric color must be a medium-dark charcoal gray (See color reference chart). Gray shade may lean towards a slightly greener hue.
- Flightsuit is topstitched with heavy white or off-white thread.
- Must have long sleeves with short sleeves on top of them, made from the same material. Short sleeves end about mid-arm at underbust/bottom of chest armor level.
- Each short sleeve has a dark red/burgundy colored trim piece running on the bottom edge of the sleeve, topstitched in the middle. The short sleeve also has a reinforced “Y” stitch or patch on the outside of the sleeve, comprised of 2 layers.
- Pants for flightsuit have an inverse pleat or applied section on the outside leg of the pants comprised of the same material as the flightsuit. Width is approximately 1.5-2 in/3.8-5 cm wide depending on proportion of the wearer. The pleats are about 1in/25mm deep with the opening backed in a brown leather trim. Pleat opening and trims are topstitched at edge and 1 inch/25mm from edge.
- Flightsuit has 2 collars, one mandarin collar underneath with 4 vertical rows of topstitching center front, and 2 rows of horizontal topstitching on the upper edge.
- Second collar sits upright and is open about 2 in/5 cm in the front. The back extends up the neck and under the helmet. A strip of matching fabric runs up the center back.
- The flightsuit has no visible pockets.
- The flightsuit has light weathering across its entirety.
- Flightsuit must match visual references.
- Flightsuit may use matching suede leather for the middle tier of the sleeve decoration, neckline trim, and bordering the pant pleat between the fabric and brown leather.
- Flightsuit may have stretch spandex gussets under the arms for ease of movement. Color must blend with flightsuit color.
- Neck seal/second collar may be treated as a separate piece or attached to flightsuit as long as attachment is not visible.
- Back has vertical 1.5 in/3.8 cm topstitched strip that runs up the back of neck seal which may cover a zipper. Closure may be front or back as long as it is hidden.
- Pants pleats have a green trim stacked on top of a brown leather trim.
- Second collar has 2 topstitched rows along edge. The strip of matching fabric running up the center back has 4 rows of vertical topstitching (the middle rows angle inward).
- Dark Brown Leather or Leather Like Material
- 8 Horizontal, Evenly-spaced Pleats or layers from bottom of belt to where fingertips rest on thigh. Must be proportional to wearer. Pleats trimmed in darker reddish-brown leather/leather like material. Trim is approximately .5 in/12.7mm wide.
- 2 “Y” shaped panels edge back of apron. Strips are approximately 1-1.25 in/2.5-3.17cm wide. Center of “Y” is darker brown. Inside edges are top stitched and back opening trimmed in reddish-brown leather/leather-like material.
- Apron wraps around hips and is open approximately 1.5 in/3.8cm at center back.
- Apron has pointed tabard under back opening out of same dark brown material. Tabard has a matching leather shape like a downward pointed arrow down the center approximately 2 in/5 cm wide down the center and 1.5 in/3.8cm along bottom. Inside edges have dark brown trim while bottom edge is trimmed in red-brown material. Inside edges are topstitched.
- Bottom section of tabard behind “arrow” shape is a double row of topstitching. The shape starts at the third pleat height down at angle to approximately 1.5 in/3.8cm away from arrow edge, then angles in approx. 1” from inside panel edge.
- Closure of apron not visible; covered by belt.
- Apron is lightly weathered.
- Mandalorian-style helmet with domed top, straight sides, and indented cheek sections. Helmet is half the width of shoulder-to-shoulder measurement when pauldrons are worn,
- Must be painted antiqued gold, with gunmetal horns.
- Must feature a raised comb consisting of three raised edges, running along the center of the dome from the center of the visor to the key slots on the back. On the front, the comb ends in a “V” right above the nose guard. It is about 2.75-3 in/7-7.5cm wide total.
- Must feature a brow ridge split by the comb which runs across the top of the helmet, which intersects the comb at the back of the helmet above the key slots.
- Must feature five horns on the top of the dome painted gunmetal. Outside horns are larger than the three middle ones.
- Both ear caps are mirrored copies of each other. Rounded at the top with a band that runs across the top of the ear cap horizontally at the end of the curve. The ear cap extends down to an angled ridge that runs along the bottom of the helmet from the cheek to the key slots. The bottom part of the ear cap has one vertical ridge that runs from the top part of the ear cap to the bottom ending just above the ridge.
- The back of the helmet has a rectangular box with 6 louvered key slots, with two triangle like cutouts at the top of the key slots pointing into the center.
- The visor area contains two stylized eye slots across the top of the visor broken in the center by a nose guard.
- Visor must feature two indents just below the eyes.
- Must feature rounded cheeks with a ridge at the bottom.
- Helmet features stippled textured surface
- Helmet must be lightly weathered
- Consists of a solid chest plate with a raised chest diamond. The diamond is contained in a recessed channel that runs from the top of the chest plate to the bottom of the chest plate.
- Must attach securely to the flight suit without visible closures and fit snugly to the wearer’s chest.
- Chest plate is painted burgundy or dark red (possible copper tones).
- Chest plate must have a recessed ab plate that covers the abdominal area.
- Must feature tapered “steps”; two semi-circular shaped flat planes expanding out from center chest, and 3 angled planes from the chest curve wrapping around to the side.
- Must feature a raised edge on all sides.
- Chest Armor has a front shoulder ridge outside of raised edge that ends before side curve.
- Chest plate ends approximately at end of rib cage/ a few inches above waistline, where the belt starts.
- Chest armor must have light paint weathering.
- Chest armor is made of a smooth, rigid material.
- Chest armor may have multi-colored mottled paint washes. Suggested: Watered down black, white, yellow
- Consists of a solid back plate that extends from the shoulder and neck down to the small of the back.
- Plate must be in a “T” shape, with plate narrowing below the shoulder armor and a flat, oblong rounded (or lozenge shaped) plane in the center.
- Back plate is painted burgundy or dark red. (possible copper tones)
- Back plate is made of a smooth, rigid material.
- Back armor may have multi-colored mottled paint washes. Suggested: Watered down black, white, yellow
- Shoulder pauldrons must be rounded in shape to cover tops of shoulders and go underneath chest and back armor.
- Pauldrons must be made of dark brown leather/leather-like material. (Solid shoulder pieces allowed, but must be painted to appear as woven leather.)
- Pauldrons appear to be a basketweave pattern with strips approximately .5” wide (12.7mm).
- Pauldron is trimmed in a reddish brown leather, matching sleeve trim.
- Shoulder armor has light weathering across its entirety.
- Dark brown, leather or leather-like belt approximately 4-5 inches/10-12.5 cm in width in proportion to body.
- The belt has a dark brown recessed portion that is approximately 3 inches/7.6 cm wide with a medium brown trim piece on the top and bottom that is approximately 1 inch/25mm each.
- Belt closes in the back where a leather/leather-like strip of approximately 4 inches/10cm wraps vertically around the belt.
- Must feature leather straps to hold 3 different belt greeblies as well as one additional loop that remains empty. All greeblies are metallic silver. Large Greeblie has metallic gold on top rectangular portion.
- One belt greeblie appears as a larger rectangular box, one is a skinnier taller box and one a small cylinder.
- Belt is weathered.
- Dark brown suede or suede-like gloves.
- A quilted suede gauntlet extends from the wrist to just below the elbow. The quilting is a diamond pattern.
- The gauntlet ends in a burgundy or dark red cuff near the elbow that matches the flightsuit sleeve trim. Cuff has two bands, approximately 1-1.5 in/2.5-3.8cm wide each.
- Gauntlet has square suede patch with mitered corners sewn to the wrist of the gauntlet. Must attach to back of glove hand. Features double row top-stitch.
- Gloves have light weathering across their entirety.
- Glove material was changed from suede to a more flexible soft leather for The Book of Boba Fett, either may be used. Color must match suede gauntlet.
- Boots must be leather/ leather-like material that is brown or dark brown in color.
- Boots are covered by dark brown gaiters made of suede leather extending from just below the knee completely covering the boot up to the armored plate.
- Gaiters have topstitched piece of leather or synthetic suede that covers top inch/2.5cm of toe plate with a strap that runs around the back of the heel.
- The gaiters have a box-pleated band with top and bottom border that run around the gaiter at mid calf made of a smooth brown leather/leather-like material.
- Gaiters close on the inside of the leg with an overlapped edge.
- Gaiters are lightly weathered
- Armored plate must cover exposed toe of boot.
- Toe plate must have three sets of two raised ridges running from the front of the plate over the top of the toe of the boot. Each set is approximately .5in/12.7mm wide total.
- Plate has thick border around base of toe with two rectangles in front of the outer set of ridges.
- Plate is dark brown in color.
- Plate is weathered.
- A fur cape must be worn in addition to the back armor, covering the neck and shoulders to the waist. It is made of long, textured fur or faux fur with long, curly-textured pile.
- The cape attaches to the chest plate, tucked under the shoulder at the neck.
- The cape has natural tones of cream, brown, and black.
Large Forging Hammer:
- Large Forging Hammer has one round, flat side and one long, flat pointed side. Striking surfaces have a raised .5in/12.7mm band around it. Hammer head is about 5.5in/14cm wide. Round striking surface is about 2.375in/6cm in diameter; long pointed hook end has a 2in/5cm diameter at semi-circular top and about 6in/15.25cm to pointed end.
- Hammer has two tapered pieces bridging hammer head and handle with two round, flat cylinder “rivets”.
- Hammer has two depressed circular ridges around handle below bridge pieces.
- Hammer is painted silver.
- Hammer is 22-25in/55-63.5cm long, proportional to height
Large Forging Tongs:
- Large Forging Tongs have two long, squared handles which join at head by pin.
- Head of tongs have curve with flat, pinching ends
- End of tongs have rounded bend
- Tongs are painted silver.
- Tongs are 32-35in/81-89cm long, proportional to height
- Small forging hammer with two flat ends
- Medium length tongs with small pincer end
- Medium tongs with one flat and one curved end
Updated: March 2, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.