Aayla Secura, born Aaylas’ecura, was a female Rutian Twi’lek Jedi Master in the later days of the Republic, who served with distinction as a General during the Clone Wars. She served as a Padawan under the tutelage of Quinlan Vos, and later, Vos’ own master Tholme. Both Secura and Vos survived a brush with the dark side early in their Jedi training, though she later proved herself worthy of knighthood.(Source Wookiepedia)
- Muted medium blue/aqua lekku around mid back to waist in length.
- Lekku color must match skin color.
- Lekku has lighter colored spots on the top.
- Ear caps matching body color.
- Ear caps must be positioned straight over the customer’s own ear to be level with eyes and nose.
- Dark brown leather or leather like headgear.
- The headgear goes all the way around the head and closes in the back under the lekku tails.
- Two strips of dark brown leather or leather like material must be wrapped around each lekku (same material as headgear)
- The strips start under the headgear (top and back) and ends around the edge of the shoulder blades.
- The headgear has earflaps with holes for the ear caps.
- Muted medium blue/aqua skin color.
- Evenly painted.
- Metallic blue nail polish. Should match skin color.
- Inner mid-riff top with dark brown pattern.
- Only a long fitted left sleeve, no sleeve on the right.
- Pattern must consist of irregular rectangles placed closely together according to references.
- Inner top must have a deep U cut (front and back) and be self-lined.
- Medium to dark brown, mid-riff leather or leather like outer top.
- Top must be matte and have texture.
- Top goes over left shoulder and left breast and under the right breast.
- Front and back are mirrored.
- It has a wide border at the bottom, which closes on the right.
- There are no raw edges on the top.
- Medium to dark brown, mid-riff leather or leather like, five sided aprons.
- They have different lengths and shapes in back and front.
- The back apron is wider than the front.
- Both have a smaller pentagon with unequal sides and incised lines, lining up with the belt.
- The aprons have a lighter border.
- Aprons are accurate and match references.
- Medium brown leather or leather like belt.
- Belt is closed in the sides with dark brown leather cord in an X pattern.
- Cord hangs down to knees, two strips on each side.
- Covertec clip (original style).
- On the left front of the belt.
- Dark brown fitted leggings.
- Dark brown knee high leather or leather-like boots with a wide heel.
- No spike heels.
- Boots have inside zipper.
- Boots have a matching flap around ankle.
- Silver coloured lightsaber hilt.
- The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only).
- Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required.
- If bladed must be blue.
- No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber.
- Aayla Secura lightsaber.
- Pink lipstick
- Blue accurate jewelry.
KJO photo gallery
Author: Lora Skywalker
Standard updated: July 20, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here