A Force-sensitive human born at the end of the Galactic Civil War. His parents, General Han Solo and Princess Leia Organa, were considered great heroes of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, as was his maternal uncle, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The heir to the Skywalker bloodline, Ben Solo possessed raw strength in the Force and had the potential for limitless power. Source
- The costumer is clean shaven.
- The hair is a natural hair color (brown recommended) and shag style (tangled). The hair is not straight. It has some curling and looks unkempt.
- It is comprised of varying lengths: shorter in the front and progressively longer towards the back.
- An Alexander the Great styled haircut, which has three varying lengths:
- Just above the eyes in front.
- Below the ears on the sides (though still tapers and has varying lengths).
- Down to the shoulders in back.
- These varying lengths are not abrupt; they blend and transition well into one another.
- May be achieved with the individual’s own hair, extensions or high quality wig.
Note: If extensions or a wig (lace front recommended) are used, they must be high quality and look like real hair.
- The tunic is white or off-white and made from a matte natural fiber (light to medium weight fabric).
- The sleeves end roughly 2-3 inches (5-8 cm) above the wrist joint.
- Shirt opens in the front, angling down from the neck to the opposite hip on both sides.
- Shirt crosses the costumers front (right over left) and is tied with two thin straps of the same material at the costumer’s right hip.
- A roughly 2-inch (5 cm) wide collar is attached to the neck and inside front edges of the shirt, ending at the bottom hem of the tunic.
- The bottom edge of the tunic hangs down to the wearer’s mid- to lower thigh.
- Pants are medium cool grey in color and made from a matte natural fiber (medium weight fabric).
- Pants are loose fitting around the legs.
- The pants end approximately two inches (5 cm) above the ankle joint.
- The pants do not have detailing or pockets.
- For health & safety reasons ,protection may be worn on the feet, such as a suitable skin tone dance shoe, sock, or a natural color flip flop/sandal.
- We recommend that costumers wear invisible shoes of some kind, such as sticky feet, clear shoes, or shoes that match the costumer’s flesh tone.
- The light saber is grey/silver metal in appearance.
- The emitter is off toned with a gold hue.
- The hand grip has thin lines running vertically.
- The end cap is larger with a raised back end.
- At the back end, 6 rectangular pieces set in the saber with a circular end plate.
- The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt only).
- No “hero” lightsabers of other face characters may be used.
- Attached blade, LED lights and sound effects are allowed, but not required.
- If the lightsaber has a blade, the blade must be blue.
ALTERNATE CONFIGURATION: THE RISE OF KYLO REN COMIC
- Leather, leather-like, or fabric belt made of heavy-weight matte brown material,
- Belt is roughly 5 cm (2 inches) wide
- Horizontally across the middle of the belt, there is a roughly 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide section. This may be achieved with parallel seams, top-stitching, or a separate strip of matching material on top of the base belt layer.
- On the right side of the belt, is there a strip of matching leather or fabric to be able to hang the lightsaber
- Belt closures are hidden.
- Brown, ankle-height shoes (no laces or buckles)
- Shoes are flat (no heel).
- Shoes are made of suede, canvas, or similar matte material .
- Shoes hate matching puttees (leg wraps) from ankle to knee.
Authors: Kylo Ren(Dawn Bright) / Oraculo (Agustín Vera)
Updated: Aug. 29, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.