Chewbacca (or “Chewie”, as he was known by his friends) was a legendary Wookiee from Kashyyyk and co-pilot of Han Solo’s ship, the Millennium Falcon. He was the son of Attichitcuk, the husband of Mallatobuck, and the father of Lumpawaroo. (Source Wookieepedia)
7 ft / 213 cm minimum height required
- Complete hair suit using natural or synthetic fibers, either tied or using National Fibre Technology Hair. Faux fur or fun fur is not acceptable, as it is not long enough. No yarn or shag carpet Wookiees. The Rubies Supreme Edition Chewbacca suits are NOT acceptable even with modification.
- Hair is strawberry blonde overall with a grey/dark brown mix on the shoulders, back of head, upper back, and outer thighs.
- Hair averages at least 6 inches (15 cm) or longer, but 8-10 inch (20-25 cm) long hair is preferred.
- Complete coverage is required; no bald spots or exposed skin/undersuit.
- Arm length must be proportionate to that of the overall body look. No T-REX Arms.
- Additional Images
- Mask hair must match the suit.
- The mask must completely cover the head and neck, without completely obscuring the shape of the shoulders.
- The eyes, a smooth black nose, and a large jaw/muzzle is clearly visible.
- A slight mustache like feature of the same color as the dark brow/grey mix is present as well. The mouth has a slight frown when closed.
- The mask hair is smooth and well groomed, not bushy, so that the mask’s shape and structure are clear.
- All static mouths are fully closed.
- Although a functioning jaw and/or lip snarl is not required, the skin and lips of any mechanical masks appear as one piece, rather than a separated jaw and face. This refers only to the mask’s outward appearance, not the underskull. Costumers should be aware that mechanical jaws and lips are complex projects requiring purpose-built components using special materials. They cannot simply be added to an existing latex rubber mask. Consult the costuming resources and fellow Wookiee costumers for advice on this project.
- Eye makeup (shades of black or brown) is worn around the eyes and completely cover any exposed skin.
- The Hasbro Electronic Chewbacca mask is not acceptable, even modified.
- Dark brown, gray, or black gloves are worn.
- There is enough overlap between the gloves and the wrists of the hair suit that no skin is exposed.
- Gloves may be made of leather, vinyl, cloth, or rubber.
- Claws/nails are encouraged, but not required.
- Feet must be completely covered with hair except for the bottom and the toes.
- Feet are either brown or black with black toenails
- Feet has 5 toes with visible claws/toenails
- Dark brown leather or faux leather bandolier, approximately 3 inches (8 cm) wide with a narrow center strap securing 8 or 9 large metallic boxes and 8 or 9 small metallic boxes spaced evenly along the bandolier.
- The boxes have edge detailing.
- The ends of the bandolier is tapered and attach to a medium-sized leather or suede pouch with a large flap cover.
- The bandolier hangs from the left shoulder across the torso with the pouch resting on the right thigh.
- Leather concho is present between the last large box and the ring securing the pouch.
- Black Horton or similar crossbow body
- Front bow with a ball on each end
- Several round greeblies are attached to the side of the crossbow body
- Green webbing strap
- 3 scopes on the top of the body just before the stock. One rifle scope on either side of a single point scope.
- Rebel Legion Wookiee Forums- http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=400