The Ewoks are sentient furred bipeds native to the moon of Endor. They are curious individuals that stand about one meter tall. They are extremely skilled in forest survival and the construction of primitive technology like gliders and catapults. They are quick learners when exposed to advanced technology, however. The Ewoks accepted members of the Rebel Alliance into their tribe, and allied themselves to their cause. The Ewoks helped in the ground battle to destroy the Imperial shield generator built in their forests, and their primitive weapons felled the stormtroopers and the scout walkers of the Empire. Their help paved the way to victory at the Battle of Endor. Star Wars Databank
- Complete hair suit using natural or synthetic fibers, at least 3”/ 8 cm in length.
- Hair must be matte (not shiny) black, brown, grey, or another natural colour/ combination thereof.
- Patches, stripes, and other fur patterns as seen in LFL media are acceptable.
- Suit must not have visible closures or lines (seams). Suit must fit the wearer or be padded, as Ewok’s skin does not ‘sag’.
- Complete coverage is required; no bald spots or exposed skin/undersuit.
- Suit must have proper proportions in relation to Ewok head.
- Mask hair must match the suit.
- The mask must completely cover the head and neck, without completely obscuring the shape of the shoulders.
- The eyes must be dark brown or black with a convex, spherical shape. Eyes should not appear to be ‘lined’ with a distinct edge, but should blend in with the fur/skull as seen in the movie.
- Wearer’s own eyes/face must not be visible through the mask eyes.
- Hood or skull headgear made of leather or leather-like material, which can be decorated with additional leather wraps, beads, faux bone, etc. so long as it follows in universe trends.
- Facial features must reflect as much accuracy as possible in replicating on-screen Ewoks. Padding and stuffing may be used to increase the ‘roundness’ of the face inside the headgear.
- Nose, mouth, and teeth must be visible and match the skin colour of the hands and feet.
- Nose, mouth, and teeth must follow in universe references.
- Two ears covered in fur with a rounded shape must be visible through the hood. Ears must be concave with a shorter fur pile in the center
- Three fingers with rounded nails must be visible on each hand: Thumb and two fingers.
- There must be enough overlap between the gloves and the wrists of the hair suit that no skin is exposed.
- Ewok skin is visible on the palms and finger tips/nails and is a natural skin colour.
- Feet must be completely covered with hair except for the bottom and the toes.
- Feet fur must match the suit and skin must match the skin on the hands.
- Feet must have 3 toes with visible toenails
- Ewok may carry a weapon of choice (where permitted by law): spear made of wood with faux stone tip, sling, or non-store bought bow. Weapons should appear to have been hand made by creatures that live in the woods.
- As an alternative, Ewoks can carry a walking stick or Shaman’s stick, decorated as desired.
- Leather bags/pouches, appearing to have been hand made by creatures that live in the woods, are also allowed.
Updated: April 3, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.