Princess Leia Organa was one of the greatest leaders of the Rebel Alliance, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the Empire’s tyranny. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranked among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic proved difficult for her. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career were accompanied by more personal losses, which she endured with her seemingly inexhaustible will. Star Wars Databank
- The coat is made of a very dark grey and black fabric. The fabric weave or pattern has a neat square texture. The fabric has a metallic sheen, either by threads woven into the fabric, or can be treated/painted with a thin coating which gives a metallic-like effect.
- The fabric is rigid enough that the collar and sleeves stand stiff when worn. The collar and front sections of the coat are self-lined with the coat fabric.
- The coat has a shoulder seam, mid back seam, side seams, and back horizontal collar seam. There is no collar seam on the front parts of the coat.
- The coat has a standing collar (all in one stand up collar) that hits just under the hairline in back and no more than 1” / 2.5 cm from the bottom of the chin in front. The collar has slightly curved or rounded front corners.
- The coat sleeves are kimono style, with the outer seam edge folded inward, creating a ‘pleat’. The end of the coat sleeves angle up from the body, starting 3”-4” / 7.5-10 cm past the fingertips close to the torso and ending about half way between the wrist and first knuckle. The sleeve is attached from just under the armpit in front, up over the shoulder and to the lower shoulder blade.
- The coat is nearly floor-length, no higher than 0.5” / 1.5 cm off of the floor.
- There is no top-stitching on the coat.
- The sleeves may be self-lined or lined with black fabric.
- Light charcoal grey under dress made of a flowy medium- to light-weight fabric. Fabric is matte or low-shine.
- The dress has a front center seam.
- The dress has a scooped split neckline, the top of the neckline starts at the clavicle and the split extends down approximately 4” / 10 cm.
- The dress is gathered in the front at empire waistline level.
- On top of the gathering, there is a front band 1.5”-2” / 3.5-5 cm wide at empire waistline level starting under one side breast and extending across the front of the dress and ending at the opposite side breast.
- The sleeves are wrist-length.
- The bottom hem of the dress ends approximately 2” / 5 cm from the floor.
- Dress has no top-stitching around the bottom hem, belt band, sleeves, or neckline.
- The front of the hair is styled swept back in front with a twisted band across the top of the head.
- There is a bouffant style hair bump at the crown of the head approximately 3” / 7.5 cm high.
- The front twisted band is hidden on the sides by sections of hair above the ears. These sections are pinned under the bouffant hair in the back of the head.
- There are two low, loose buns pinned to the bottom of the hairline covering the back of the head horizontally. The buns start vertically at the half-way point of the ear and end at the half-way point of the neck.
- Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown with a touch of grey recommended); no bangs.
Note: If a wig or extensions are used, they must be high quality and look like real hair.
- Black closed-toe boots with dark soles.
- Boots may have a low heel (no more than 2” / 5 cm).
- Metallic gold crescent-shaped earrings that curl around the lower ear lobe and extend towards the back of the ear.
- The top center edge of the ear cuff curves into a point, just above the earlobe.
- Metallic gold wrist cuff approximately 3” / 7.5 cm wide worn on the right wrist.
- Bracelet is made of many parallel wires in a curved wave shape.
- Bracelet has a narrow gap on the underside of the wrist.
- Gold or bronze blue-teal toned (mainly blue with flecks of other colors recommended) oval ring worn on the left ring finger.
- Brass or light gold wire ring with two smooth, round, dark blue stones worn on the right ring finger.
- A silver, black, and blue eye-shaped tracking device worn on the left wrist
- It is worn on the wrist by a ¼” / 0.5 cm black chord.
- Natural makeup: matte red-brown lipstick, light blush, light brown eye-shadow, and mascara.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Updated: April 5, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.