Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranks among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic has not been easy for Leia. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career have been accompanied by more personal losses. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Medium blue or blue-grey sleeveless padded vest made of a non-shiny fabric.
- Vest is self-lined in the same fabric.
- Upper yoke of the vest is padded, without quilting and extends to just below the arm home.
- Vest has semi-circular, thickly padded, rounded fold-over collar.
- Large, square diamond-shaped quilting below the yoke. Diamonds are proportional to the wearer. (Suggested size: roughly 3.5″ / 9 cm on each side.)
- Vest may be between waist-length to hip-length (waist-length recommended).
- Rectangular gray or silver rank badge is worn on the left side of the chest. The rank badge has a raised outside border and several small light blue or teal circle and square details inside. (3 squares and 2-3 circles recommended). Badge are proportional to wearer (roughly 3”/7.5 cm wide and 2”/5 cm tall).
- Rank badge can go in topstitched fabric insignia “frame” proportionate to the upper left yoke and insignia size.
- Hoth rank badge may be used if all pips are light blue or teal. If the Hoth rank badge is used, it must be attached using the fabric frame.
- The horizontal seam between the yoke and quilted portions of the vest may have piping.
- Collar may have piping trim.
- Vest may have top stitching at the armholes, center front and hem edges.
- White or off-white, long-sleeve mock turtleneck with no neck seam.
- There are two vertical seams falling center of the wearer’s breasts. The right side starts at the top of the shoulder at or close to the neck. The left side can be a real or faux panel, made to look like it opens, piped all the way up to the collar.
- The collar closes with a flap (or faux flap) that angles off one of the piped seams over the chest (left side preferred). The flap extends past the center of the neck but not as far as the other piped seam. The edge of the flap has piping.
- Shirt is worn tucked into the pants.
- The collar flap can connect to the piped seam at a right angle at the base of the neck, or at a 45 degree angle, starting slightly farther down the shirt.
- Pants are medium brown to dark khaki color and made from a matte (not-shiny) fabric.
- Pants have vertical seams down the front of both legs in addition to seams on the sides.
- Pants are fitted and not overly baggy.
- Pants do not have visible pockets.
- Center front seams may have piping.
- Medium brown to dark khaki gloves that approximately match the pants.
- Gloves flare wider at the wrist.
- The gloves end beyond the wrist bone or a little further up the arm, but no further than 2 inches (5 cm).
- Black leather or non-shiny vinyl, knee-high boots, with three 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.
- Boots have a low heel or wedge heel that is 1”-2” / 2.5 cm – 5 cm tall.
- Worn with the pant legs tucked in.
- Medium to dark brown leather or leather-like belt with low-slung holster on the right leg.
- There is a large silver buckle on the front of the belt. The buckle is worn in the center front or center right. The buckle is a hexagon or octagon shape.
- 2-5 small, approximately square pouches are worn on the belt. Pouches are the same color as the belt. Pouches close with a top flap that fastens with a round snap or button.
- A Han Solo style belt and holster with a back buckle may be used.
- Holster may have a thin strap over the top that snaps down to secure the blaster.
- Holster may have a thin strap around the thigh, attaching near the bottom of the holster, to secure it to the leg.
- Snaps and rivets may be silver, black, or brown.
- There may be small silver buckles connecting the holster to the straps that hang down from the belt.
- The belt may have 1-2 groups of silver cylinders attached to the belt with a narrow strap. Each set of cylinders has 2-4 cylinders in a row.
- There may be a buckle on the left hip.
- Hair is pulled back into braids that wrap around the head.
- Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended).
- No bangs.
- If a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair.
- A black blaster rifle with cylindrical scope above the trigger.
- Several long fins and holes decorate the blaster barrel.
- The costumer may carry a DL-44 blaster pistol in the holster.
- The blaster is black with a black handle.
URL: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f4/DL-44_tech_drawing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091210012719 Source:
- Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/leia-organa-marvel-comics-harbinger/
- Member Build Threads – http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1061283#1061283
Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.