Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranks among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic has not been easy for Leia. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career have been accompanied by more personal losses. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Fitted matte cream or off-white colored shirt with scoop neck and wrist-length sleeves.
- Shirt has a center back seam.
- Shirt has steel gray, wide edging around the collar, which forms a V-shape at the center front under the collar and connects in a vertical line to wide gray edging around the waist.
- Four small medium gray or silver rectangles decorate the edge of the collar; two on the front and two on the back.
- A small medium gray or silver chest box is mounted on the center-front of the shirt, just below the collar. The raised box is slightly narrower at the top than the bottom. The box has three vertical black lines or grooves on the lower left corner and a medium gray circle or button on the lower right corner. There is a horizontal line or grove across the bottom of the box. Chest box is roughly 3″-4″ / 7.5-10 cm tall, proportional to the wearer, and slightly narrower at the top than at the bottom.
- Below the box, lying flat on the shirt is a small medium gray or silver trapezoid with a medium gray circle or button in the center.
- Steel gray, matte, tight-fitting pants or leggings.
- Pants match the gray portions of the shirt.
- The shirt lays flat over the top of the pants and is not tucked into the pants.
- Cream or off-white matte (non-shiny) leather or leather-like mid-calf boots
- Boots have a white triangle decoration on the toes.
- Boots have a low heel (1/4″ to 1 1/2″ / .5 cm to 4 cm recommended).
- Boots do not have buckles, straps, or laces.
- Boots may have zippers if on the inside of the legs.
- Boots have a heel cap.
- Thin (roughly 1.5″-2″ / 4-5 cm wide), cream belt is worn around the hips made of matte (non-shiny) leather or leather-like material.
- The belt has two wider strips on top of the main belt on the side of the hips.
- Silver pentagon buckle in the center front with a flat circle or button in the center.
- Black and gray/silver droid caller mounted on the left hip.
- Small silver box mounted on the right hip.
- Belt does not have any visible closures.
- Hair is pulled back into a large, low bun that is separated into three parts horizontally at the base of the neck.
- At the top of the bun is a silver hour-glass shaped hair clip decorated with the Alderaan symbol.
- A braid loops up from the bun around the back of the head.
- No fringe or bangs.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown hair color recommended).
- A short lock of hair in front of each ear.
Note: If a wig or hair extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like hair.
Updated: May 21, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.