Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranks among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic has not been easy for Leia. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career have been accompanied by more personal losses. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- A red and black ankle-length coat. The coat is fitted on the torso and flares out with a full, A-line shape at the bottom. Coat is made of a medium-weight matte fabric.
- Coat has black panels from the bottom of the rib cage that angle under the chest to the shoulder. These panels wrap around the middle of the back. Panel(s) are edged with yellow or gold piping.
- Coat has a curved red that ends just above the breastbone in the front and curves mid-way down the shoulder blades in back. The yoke is edged in yellow/gold piping and has piping across the shoulder seam, which continues down the top of the arm.
- Coat as a high, fitted collar that closes in the center front (no visible clasps). There is a rectangular red panel in the center back of the collar, roughly 2/3 the height of the collar. The top and side edges of this panel are edged in yellow/gold piping. This piping continues into the shoulder seam.
- Coat has black sleeves. The sleeves have yellow/gold piping down the top center seam to roughly 2/3 down the lower arm, where the piping turns horizontal around the inside of the arm. The piping ends at the under-arm seam with a large yellow/gold circle. There are two yellow/gold circles centered on the piping on the outside of the upper arm. The top circle is slightly larger and roughly even with the bottom of the armpit.
- There is a turquoise/teal oval brooch at the base of the front of the collar. The brooch is centered on the bottom edge of the front yoke and the top touches the base of the collar.
- The coat closes approximately slightly under the bottom of the brooch and then flares out to the bottom with no visible closures.
- Collar may have rounded corners in the center front and hang slightly open at the top.
- The brooch may be mounted on a metallic gold disk that is slightly wider than the brooch.
- The coat has slightly flared shoulders that are flat and rigid (shoulder pads or some other reinforcement recommended).
- Ankle-length black dress made of a medium-weight matte fabric.
- Dress is fitted through the torso to the waist and has a full A-line skirt.
- A petticoat may be worn with the dress for fullness.
- Matte black, knee high boots (no buckles, laces, or straps).
- Boots are flat or have a low heel (no more than approximately 1/2” or 13 mm).
- Boots may have a slightly pointed toe.
- The top edge of the boots may come to a ^ point at the knees.
- Boots may have an inside zipper. Zipper must be black or covered.
- A pair of matte red/coral colored gloves that match the color of the coat.
- Gloves are tightly fitted to the hands.
- A metallic gold tiara that wraps around the forehead at the hairline and ends above the temples.
- The base of the tiara is a thin bar that wraps straight around the head and turns down in a zig-zag at the ends. Two more bars loop down from the tiara near the center and attach on either side of the center gem.
- There are three teal/turquoise gems mounted on gold disks on the circlet. The gems are evenly spaced around the circlet and are mounted with the top ¼ of the gem poking up above the bar of the tiara.
- The gems are smooth, oval shaped, and slightly domed. The center gem is slightly smaller than the brooch on the dress. The two outside gems are slightly smaller than the center gem.
- Hair is pulled back into 3 buns along the top back of the head.
- The buns touch at their base and are cylindrical in shape, with slightly flattened tops.
- There is one loose, curled tendrils of hair behind each ears.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown preferred); no bangs.
- If a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair.
- Fitted, black pants. Pants are made of a matte fabric.
- These may be slacks, leggings, or opaque tights.
- A small silver blaster with a rectangular pommel and rectangular body.
- The blaster has a thin tube for a barrel and a guarded trigger.
- Blaster may be tucked into the boot when not in use.
- Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/leia-organa-adventures-comic-naboo-delegate/
- Member Build Threads – http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1075206#1075206
Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.