Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. Daughter of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, sister of Luke Skywalker, and with a soft spot for scoundrels, Leia ranks among the galaxy’s great heroes. But life under the New Republic has not been easy for Leia. Sidelined by a new generation of political leaders, she struck out on her own to oppose the First Order as founder of the Resistance. These setbacks in her political career have been accompanied by more personal losses. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Black fitted knit shirt made of matte material.
- Shirt has a high turtleneck or mock turtleneck collar that is fitted closely around the neck.
- Sleeves are 3/4 length, ending past the elbow.
- Shirt tucks into the pants.
- Light brown or dark khaki high-waisted pants.
- Pants tucked into the top of the boots.
- There is a rectangular pocket flap half-way up the thigh. This may be a faux pocket flap (sewn to the pants at the top edge), a rectangular patch (sewn down around all for edges), or a pocket flap for an actual pocket. The pants do not have any other visible pockets.
- Pants have a fly closer in the center front that hides the zipper.
- Full pocket on each leg to match with pocket flaps.
- Pants have a back seam down the center of each pant leg.
- Pants may have traditional side seams down the outside of each leg, or the the side seam can be moved to the side-center of each leg, lining up with the outside edge of the pocket flaps.
- Pants may be weathered to look dirty/muddy.
- Medium gray leather or non-shiny vinyl, 1”-3” / 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm wedge-heel, knee-high boots, with three slightly darker gray suede or webbing 1” / 2.5 cm wide straps.
- Boots may be made of open boot shafts with a tongue (Echo Base version) or plain boots shafts with an inside zipper (Falcon version).
- Boots may be weathered to look dirty/muddy.
- Black leather or leather like belt. Belt may be matte or slightly shiny. Belt is roughly 2″ / 5 cm wide (proportional to wearer).
- Belt has a rectangular silver metal buckle in the center front. Buckle is slightly taller than the belt. The buckle may have square corners, rounded corners, or clipped corners.
- On either side of the buckle there are 2 evenly spaced silver rivets.
- Long black leather or leather like holster, made to fit a DDC Defender long barreled blaster.
- Holster closes at the top with a rounded flap with a silver snap.
- Holster hangs from the belt at the left hip.
- Holster may be weathered to look dirty/muddy.
- A small square shaped black or medium brown leather or leather like pouch.
- Pouch closes with a flap over the top with a silver snap.
- Pouch is worn on on the belt on the costumer’s right hip.
- Hair is parted in or near the center and pulled into large buns that cover the ears and reach part way around the back of the head.
- Buns are twisted, not braided.
- Natural hair and parted wigs must have a neat, straight part in back.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown hair color recommended); No bangs.
- Fine matching hairnets may be used to keep the buns neat.
Note: If a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be of a high quality so that they appear like real hair. If a non-parted wig is used, the hair must be neatly pulled across the back of the wig without bald spots.
- Medium brown or red-brown wrist length gloves.
- Gloves have a narrow cuff or strap around the end that wraps over the top of the wrist, ending in a curved tap towards the thumb.
- A gray, square shaped greeblie is attached to costumers right glove on the cuff.
- Greeblie has 2 raised circles on the upper portion and a raised rectangular shape under the circles.
DDC Defender long barreled blaster
- A small black blaster with a long, narrow barrel ending in a wider cylindrical muzzle.
- Medium brown or dark khaki rectangular backpack.
- Backpack closes with a flap over the top that extends 1/3 of the way down the front. Flap closes with a rectangular silver buckle.
- Backpack has 2 horizontal straps (1-1.5″ / 2.5 – 4 cm wide) that wrap around the backpack. The straps are spaced evenly at 1/3 and 2/3 of the way down the backpack.
- Backpack is held on with wide straps over the shoulder. Straps are made of two layers: a wider bottom layer and a narrower top layer. The wider bottom layer stops at the shoulder and ends at lower rib-cage layer. The narrower top layer starts at the bottom edge of the backpack and attaches to bottom edge of the the wider layer. Another narrower piece starts at the top of the backpack and ends in a curved point below the armpits. It is held to the bottom layer by two horizontal straps/loops at roughly arm-pit level on the backpack straps.
- Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/leia-organa-splinter-in-the-minds-eye-swamp-gear/
- Member Build Threads – http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1061282#1061282
Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.