Lumpawaroo, also known as Waroo or Lumpy, was a Wookieemale whose parents were Chewbacca and his wife Mallatobuck. During the Age of the Empire, Waroo and his species were enslaved by the Galactic Empire. He and other Wookiee children were forced to work at a slave labor camp run by Commandant Dessard. Following the liberation of Kashyyyk, Waroo escaped his labor camp. He was pursued by Dessard and his men, who caught up with him. However, the Imperials were killed by a joint party of Wookiees and New Republic soldiers. Waroo reunited with his father Chewbacca. Wookiepedia
- 6’/183 cm Maximum Height Recommended
- Complete hair suit using natural or synthetic fibers, either tied or using National Fiber Technology Hair. No fun fur or modified Rubies suits.
- Hair must be brown overall with blonde on the belly and back.
- Hair must average at least 6″/15 cm or slightly longer.
- Complete coverage is required; no bald spots or exposed skin/undersuit.
- Arm length must be proportionate to that of the overall body look. No T-REX Arms.
- The mask must completely cover the head and neck, without completely obscuring the shape of the shoulders.
- The eyes, a smooth black nose, and a pronounced muzzle must all be clearly visible. No flat faces.
- A slight moustache like feature must be present as well.
- The overall shape must be rounded and more youthful than an adult Wookiee.
- The mask hair must match the brown suit colour and have blonde accents on the cheeks and chin.
- Hair must be smooth and well groomed, not bushy, so that the mask’s shape and structure are clear.
- Static masks must not be frozen in a fully opened position. All static mouths must be closed.
- Eye makeup (shades of black or brown) must be worn around the eyes and completely cover any exposed skin.
- The Hasbro Electronic Chewie mask is not acceptable, even modified.
- Although a functioning jaw and/or lip snarl is not required, the skin and lips of any mechanical masks must appear as one piece, rather than a separated jaw and face. This refers only to the mask’s outward appearance, not the underskull. Costumers should be aware that mechanical jaws and lips are complex projects requiring purpose-built components using special materials. They cannot simply be added to an existing latex rubber mask. Consult the costuming resources and fellow Wookiee costumers for advice on this project.
- Dark brown, gray, or black gloves must be worn.
- There must be enough overlap between the gloves and the wrists of the hair suit that no skin is exposed.
- Gloves may be made of leather, vinyl, cloth, or rubber.
- Claws/nails are encouraged, but not required.
- Feet must be completely covered with hair except for the bottom and the toes.
- Feet are either brown or black with black toenails
- Feet must have 5 toes with visible claws/toenails
- Claws may be either sharp or squared off.
Rebel Legion Wookie Forums
Updated: April 3, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.