Owen Lars was the son of moisture farmer Cliegg Lars and the stepbrother of Anakin Skywalker. He married Beru Whitesun, and after his father’s death, he inherited his job as a moisture farmer. In 19 BBY, Beru convinced Owen to adopt Anakin’s son, Luke Skywalker, as Anakin had turned to the dark side and become the infamous Darth Vader.
Owen and Beru raised their nephew as well as they could, and Owen instilled into Luke the values of his own childhood. Fearful of Luke’s potential, and distrustful of the outside galaxy, Owen attempted to keep Luke isolated and ignorant of his true parentage.
1. Ivory mock-neck shirt with narrow vertical ribbing.
2. Grey or tan wool (or similar fabric) long sleeved tunic with wide binding on neck & front edge overlapping left over right. The binding should be approximately 3 to 4 inches wide around the neck, then be wider near the bottom of the tunic. Hem should fall just below buttox.
3. Light tan jacket of rough woven material with rounded collar folded over. Sleeves should have 5 tucks sewn into the sleeves around the elbow with large folded back cuffs (approximately 5 inches in width). Jacket should be no shorter than ankle length (or 2 inches off the ground).
4. Light tan pants with seams at the knees and fabric straps at the ankle about 1-2” above the hem, in the front of the pant leg from side seam to side seam.
5. Medium brown leather or pleather boots (shoes with no laces are acceptable).
6. Brown leather or pleather belt with matching pouch.
Costumer should have a “5 o’clock shadow”.
Updated: September 6, 2013
Costume Standards Committee Review: July 10, 2013 – August 12, 2013.
Rebel Supporters Forums Review: August 12, 2013 – September 6, 2013.