Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy.
- Sleeveless purple gown made of medium to heavy-weight fabric. Fabric is matte but has a slight sheen (matte satin, silk, or low-pile velvet recommended).
- Dress is floor-length and has a slight train on the back.
- The top edge of the dress is cut straight across the chest in the front, 2/3 of the way up the breast (fully covering nipples). The top edge turns down at a right angle under the armpits, going straight down the torso to the waist, where it curves down around the back of the hips.
- The top of the dress is closely fitted to the torso and does not sag (boning or fashion tape recommended).
- The bottom of the dress is relatively fitted through the hips, down to the knees and flares out in a slight mermaid shape at the bottom.
- The dress has seven large fan-leaf patterns down the front of the skirt. The patterns start just below the waist and continue to just above the bottom hem. The patterns are slightly lighter purple than the dress. The patterns may be finely pained, embroidered, printed, burn-out, or applique.
- Dress does not have any visible top stitching.
- Dress may have built-in bra cups to support the chest.
- The dress may use subtle clear or flesh-toned straps to keep the top of the dress up.
- The top repeats of the fan-leaf patterns may be slightly smaller than the bottom repeats, proportional to the wearer.
- Dress may have matching lining.
- Dress may have a hidden or matching invisible zipper.
- Shoulder-length purple gloves made of the same fabric as the dress.
- Gloves end with caps over the shoulders like capped sleeves. The underside of the gloves extends to the armpit.
- There is a large oval cut-out opening on the top of the upper arm on each glove. The opening extends from slightly above the elbow to even with the armpit.
- Gloves are closely fitted to the hands and arms and do not sag down the arms (fashion tape recommended).
- Close-toed shoes in a matching purple color.
- Shoes do not have buckles, straps, or any other decorations.
- Shoes may be flat or have a heel, as long as the dress reaches floor-length when the shoes are worn.
- Costumer wears a silver necklace with a large diamond-shaped pendant that hangs roughly half-way between the base of the neck and the top of the dress.
- The chain is made of circular silver chain links or flat circular silver beads.
- The pendant has a wide silver border and a silver vertical line down the center. It has two flat roughly circular pieces on top of the top and bottom points. Two purple triangles can be seen beneath the silver border.
- Hair is pulled into a braid at the base of the neck.
- Braid reaches mid- to lower-back.
- Braid is closed with a silver tube that is slightly wider at the top than the bottom. The tube has raised rings at each end.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown recommended); no bangs.
- A single shorter lock of hair hangs over the forehead. This lock is slightly curled.
- If a wig or extensions are use, they must be of high quality and look like real hair.
- Costumer carries a small clutch purse made of a matching purple fabric with silver edging.
- The top flap is attached roughly straight across the top of the back of the purse and curves to a point at each side, curving down lower in the front.
- Purse is closed with a raised silver oval clasp/button.
- There is a raised silver decoration on the front left of the purse flap, in the shape of a curved triangle.
- The purse has a sturdy structure and is not limp.
- The purse does not have a strap.
- The purse has matching purple lining.
- Purse may be made of the same fabric as the dress.
- The clasp-button has the same fan-leaf decoration as the dress.
Updated: March 8, 2023