Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Fitted floor-length halter-neck dress made of a light-weight fabric with a slight sheen.
- Dress has a low scoop back, curving down to roughly the hips.
- Dress is ombre-dyed in shades of yellow, pink, and light lilac/violet/purple.
- Fabric is cut on the bias.
- Long, full over dress of a semi-sheer flowing silk or silk-like fabric. Over dress is also ombre-dyed in shades of yellow, pink, and light bluish lilac. The gown is yellow in the top half and on the sleeves, then has a gradient to soft pink in the middle, and to soft, light lilac/violet/purple at the bottom.
- Over dress has a wide satin charmeuse bias binding strip down the center front, dyed to match the color transition.
- The outside edges of the dress have wide satin charmeuse bias binding, dyed to match the gradient of the fabric.
- The outer dress drapes around the body somewhat loosely, is gathered across the top of each arm to create sleeve drapes that extend from mid-upper arm to the wrist.
- Over dress has a long train with squared corners.
- The halter gown and over dress front are gathered at the neck, attached to a narrow satin charmeuse around the neck. The neck band overlaps with a hidden fastener in the center back of the neck.
- Over dress is gathered at the center front at mid-thigh height and at the center back at the lowest point of the inner dress. These gather points are secured by cluster medallions (see below).
- A collar necklace is worn over the neck and top of the halter gown. Necklace has burnished gold colored back and edges and is decorated with mother of pearl shell or shell-like pearlescent white coating.
- Necklaces consists of a collar pieces around the front of the neck and 4 curved pieces, each wider than the piece above it.
- Necklace is held to the neck by two delicate burnished gold chains attached to the top and bottom corner of each side of the top collar piece.
- The over dress sleeves are each attached to a rounded zig-zag armband on the upper arm.
- The armbands are light burnished gold colored with small pearly white patches at regular intervals.
- The white patches may be mother of pearl inlay or painted on top.
- The bottom front and the top center back of the over dress are gathered to clusters of small mother of pearl medallions.
- Each medallion is made of gathered small disks with ivory pearl centers, looking like small flowers.
- There are three medallions on the front of the dress, secured by a cord around the gathered fabric.
- There are two medallions at the back of the dress.
- Both medallion clusters have many strings of clear/crystal iridescent or ivory pearl seed beads hanging down from them. Bead strands are roughly 10”-12” / 25-30 cm long.
- Low heeled, plain pumps or flats.
- Shoes are light lilac/violet/purple to match the bottom edge of the dress.
- Satin mules are suggested.
- Hair is parted in the middle with two small sections twisted in front and tucked into a “cornucopia” or “nautilus” of hair that spirals back and under to shoulder height.
- Spiral shape held in place with 6 headbands that are each smaller in size from the crown of the head to the end of the hair.
- Headbands are light purple/lavender/violet and have a slight sheen. Headbands are decorated with silvery-violet swirls silvery-violet pearls.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown recommended); no bangs.
- Headbands may be painted or covered in a silk-like fabric.
Note: If a wig or extensions are used, they must be high-quality and look like real hair.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Padawan’s Guide Pastel Lake Gown page
SWFFAQ Pastel Lake Gown page
Updated: April 6, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.