Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Off-the-shoulder, floor-length dress with wide sleeves gathered to a narrow binding just beyond the wrist. Skirt is relatively full (full circle or circle-and-half shape recommended).
- Dress is made of golden yellow semi-sheer silk or silk-like matte chiffon or georgette fabric.
- Dress fabric is embroidered with a pattern of golden yellow twisting vines, small flowers, and tiny cream, iridescent 4-petaled sequins.
- The lower sleeve sections are wrapped in delicate silk or silk-like ribbons in pale yellow, pale pink, rose pink, and pale green.
- Skirt is lined with a slightly shiny opaque fabric (silk or satin recommended) in a matching color.
- Skirt is lined with a cream/white silk or satin with large patches of pastel pink and yellow.
- Dress may be a single chemise or a shirt and skirt.
- A petticoat is worn under the skirt to give the skirt fullness.
- Fully boned corset or bodice in a golden yellow silk or silk-like crinkled taffeta or similar fabric.
- Top edge of the corset is cut straight across. Bottom edge of corset dips into a rounded V shape in the center front and curves straight around the back with a closure in the center back.
- The center and side fronts are decorated in a petal design of variegated yellow to burnished gold, narrow stems and leaves of variegated spring green to medium green and thin gold swirling lines dotted with small pink/magenta roses.
- The corset has narrow shoulder straps of golden yellow fabric dotted with small pink/magenta roses and green and gold leaves.
- The corset is firm and has structure. It may not be limp.
- The design may be embroidered or finely painted. If painted, the texture must resemble embroidery.
- The corset fabric also has vertical lines of small, square cut-outs along all sections of the corset at fairly even intervals to reveal a matte golden yellow inner layer of fabric beneath.
- Large, triangular capelette or shawl of a fine golden yellow netting or organza
- Shawl is decorated with thin, gold and green swirling vines and tiny leaves with small pink/magenta roses and tiny, cream iridescent 4-petaled sequins.
- The hem is scalloped and edged in variegated spring green to medium green satin stitch.
- Cape is fastened in the center front just above the top edge of the corset.
- The vine design may be finely painted but embroidery is highly recommended. If painted, the texture must resemble embroidery.
- Small, narrow Art Deco-like burnished silver pin as a closure to the cape.
- Brooch has an amethyst or magenta center stone and resembles a dragonfly.
- White or ivory flats
- Shoes have a low, painted gold heel.
- Forehead band made of two medium green ribbons with narrow golden-green satin cord edging
- Headband is decorated with small pink/magenta roses with green and gold leaves.
- Hair is gathered in to a loose bun on both sides of the head, over the ears.
- Each bun is encased in a golden yellow crocheted hair net or snood.
- The rest of the hair is loosely curled and pulled into a loose ponytail
- The ponytail is tied with delicate silk or silk-like ribbons in pale yellow, pale pink, rose pink, and pale green.
- Naturally occurring hair colors only; no bangs (brown hair recommended).
Note: If a wig or hair pieces are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Kay Dee Picnic Gown Tutorial
Padawan’s Guide Picnic Gown page
SWFFAQ Picnic Gown page
Updated: April 9, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.