Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Semi-fitted A-line floor-length gown made of matte mustard yellow fabric (ribbed crepe fabric like silk chirimen recommended).
- Gown is decorated with sage green and grape purple floral or paisley-like pattern. The pattern may be embroidered, printed, or very finely painted.
- The center front, sides, and center back each have a narrow vertical strip in a larger, coordinating sage green and grape purple floral or paisley-like pattern.
- The skirt of the gown has structure and does not wrinkle.
- A narrow hoop skirt is recommended. If a hoopskirt is used, it must be padded so that the hoop rings are not visible through the dress.
- Gown can be closed with an invisible zipper up the center back.
- Shirt sleeves are made of a light-weight straw yellow or light golden-tan matte fabric with a round pebble texture.
- Sleeves are loose and gathered at mid-forearm into fitted, wide cuffs.
- Cuffs are made of the same mustard yellow fabric as the dress (ribbed crepe fabric like silk chirimen recommended). Cuffs are decorated with large sage green and grape purple floral or paisley-like pattern. The pattern may be embroidered, printed or very finely painted.
- The cuffs are decorated with sage green embroidery or piping at the wrist.
- The cuff closure close under the wrists with matching covered buttons.
- Short fitted capelet made of the same mustard yellow fabric as the dress (ribbed crepe fabric like silk chirimen recommended).
- Capelet is decorated with large sage green and grape purple floral or paisley-like pattern. The pattern may be embroidered, printed or very finely painted.
- Capelet curves over the shoulders and cuts straight across the front and back at armpit height.
- Capelet has a tall fitted collar without embroidered/printed/painted decoration.
- The bottom edge of the capelet is decorated with sage green embroidery or piping.
- The shoulder seams of the capelet and the collar are held together with many small covered buttons. Buttons are attached to the back piece of the capelet and cord loops are attached to the front. Buttons and cord are a mustard yellow color, matching the capelet fabric.
- Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
- Loose-fitting cowl of a plain dark mustard silk or silk-like fluid fabric draped around the face and around the neck and shoulders.
- Cowl drapes down to just past the edge of the capelet in front and just above the bottom edge of the capelet in back.
- Hair is pulled back from the face and completely covered by the cowl.
- Semi-circular Art Deco-like headdress with a fitted partial skullcap.
- Headdress has a sunburst design with a woven basket-like texture.
- Headdress is metallic burnished copper/bronze with hints of gold and green tarnish.
- Mid to lower calf-length cloak with side front splits for the arms.
- Cloak has a full A-line shape in the back.
- Cloak is made of a dark purple/plum medium- to heavy-weight matte fabric with a fan-shaped or scalloped texture.
- Lace Headdress (see below)
- Tall, thin, lightly scalloped halo headpiece across the top of the head.
- Headpiece is covered in a dense golden yellow lace veil. Veil is gathered tightly to the halo.
- Lace veil hangs over the forehead with gathers framing the face in front, hanging down to just above the bottom edge of the capelet.
- In back, the lace veil extends to a point just below the waist.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Padawan’s Guide Refugee Gown page
Updated: April 6, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.