Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo — and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. Star Wars Databank
- Fabric is a sandy taupe or light tan colored suede or suede cloth.
- Tunic has a small V-neckline with a tall, round folded collar.
- There is a small burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree pin at the center front V-neck point.
- Tunic has a fitted inverted V empire-waist bodice. There are four princess seams on the front and back, and a center back seam.
- The princess seams on the front and back are top-stitched on each side.
- Tunic has a full flared skirt extending to cover the top of the thighs.
- The armholes have double rows of top-stitching.
- Costumer appears pregnant.
- The tunic skirt is lined with a similar color fabric.
- The collar may use hidden magnets or snaps to help it lay flat.
- The center back seam of the bodice continues through the skirt.
- Long fitted opera length gauntlets that extend to the knuckles
- Made of the same material as the tunic.
- On the upper left gauntlet is a Naboo symbol in medium brown. The symbol may be embroidered or finely painted.
- The top edge of the gauntlets have top-stut
- Cross-shaped harness of narrow belting in dark brown leather or faux leather.
- The harness crosses both in the front and in back.
- Large triangular burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree buckle attached to the center of the front harness cross.
- Harness closes mid back over tunic center seam.
- Fitted leggings of a cream, ivory, or beige matte knit fabric
- There is a seam down the center front and center back of each leg, in addition to the inseam and outer leg seam (total of four seams).
- Seams are top-stitched in a matching color thread.
- Low-heeled, plain dark brown suede or faux suede knee-high boots.
- No visible laces or outside zippers.
- Inside zippers are permitted. If boots have inside zippers, they must be covered or match the color of the boot.
- Hair is parted in the center and pulled to the nape of the neck.
- Portions of the hair are coiled into two large buns while the remainder is woven into a long braid tied off with a narrow length of dark brown leather strip.
- Natural-occurring hair colors only (brown preferred), no bangs.
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.
Reference Photo Gallery
Member Build Threads
Padawan’s Guide Sleeveless Outfit Page
SWFFAQ Sleeveless Outfit Page
Updated: April 5, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.