[magny image=”http://newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/0354858fe693a58871bacc0284191d68-240×300.jpg” title=”” description=”” align=”right” click=”1″ scroll_zoom=”1″ small_image=”http://newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/0354858fe693a58871bacc0284191d68-200×200.jpg” canvas_mode=”1″ maxwidth=”300px” zoom=”3″ dia=”250px” skin=”new-im-frame-simple,new-title-below,new-description-off,new-slider-below,new-im-magnifier-light new-im-magnifier-square” ]
Poe Dameron was a human male pilot who served as a captain in the New Republic and, later, the Resistance during its conflict with the First Order. (Source Wookieepedia)
Dark brown field jacket.
1. Poe’s jacket appears to be constructed of either dark brown waxed or coated tightly woven cotton or an ultra-thin waxy leather or leather-like fabric. Waxed cotton is preferred.
a. If it is cotton it should have a sheen and some crispness
b. If it is leather, it should be thin enough to have crisp corners and flat seams
2. The jacket length should fall to the point of the hip, or midway between the crotch and the belt
3. The sleeves are cuffed just above the wrist and extend to the middle of the hand
4. The jacket has two pockets on either side of the chest with flaps and mitered corners at the bottom with double rows of topstitching on pockets and flaps
5. The front of the jacket features two seams on opposite sides of the pocket running the length of the front with double rows of topstitching
6. There is a seam running diagonally across the shoulder of the front of the jacket from armpit to the collar with double rows of topstitching
7. The right side placket has a seam that holds 6 alternating buckles in place. The left side placket is the mirror image of the right with the alternating hardware on the inside facing. The plackets should be edge-stitched
8. The jacket has a mandarin collar approximately 1 – 1.5” in length and is edge stitched
9. Jacket hardware consists of 6 sets of alternating double hook and eye closures similar in appearance to lift-off hinges. The “male” piece features two hooks facing outward. The “female” piece features two slots. Both pieces are approximately 1”- 1.25” inches long
10. The back of the jacket has a center seam and two seams curving from under the arms to the bottom of the jacket with double rows of topstitching on each
11. The bottom is hemmed with a single him approximately 1”-1.25” from the bottom. Extending from the front placket seams
12. Resistance Emblem – Poe has an Alliance starbird shoulder sleeve insignia The insignia is circle approximately 3 – 3.25” in diameter. The insignia is a dark red printed or painted starbird design on a white/of white circle. The insignia should be weathered
1. Natural, ecru, or very light tan color long-sleeved shirt with standing/Mandarin collar, worn tucked into the pants.
a. Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which continue down to bottom of hem
b. The corners on the upper sides of the bib open diagonally, creating flaps when open
c. Double rows of topstitching in each seam on the front-bib and placket
a. Poe’s utility trousers are brown and can have dark olive undertones. Pant color should be lighter than the jacket
b. The trouser feature Patch utility pockets on either side that extend upward to form the belt loops
c. There should be no pockets in the back
d. There is a riding seam on the back of the pants which is recommended but not required
1. The boots are a calf high black or brown dyed to black boot, featuring a Velcro strap at the top and a vertical zipper on the inside. Boots have a flat sole
2. The screen worn boots are Po-Zu Well 2 boots, boots should be as close a match as possible if not the screen worn boots. Some Po-Zu boots have logos stamped on them. Every effort should be made to make that logo less pronounced
Poe has a leather or leather-like belt and holster rig in a tan to British tan in color.
1. Poe’s belt is approximately 1.75” in width with a rectangular buckle. Buckle measures approx. 2″ x 3-1/4″
2. Poe’s Holster should hang from a single loop on the right side and drop to just above the knee
3. The holster itself folds over the Glie-44 pistol from right to left
4. The right side of the holster has a U-shaped cut-out at the front fold, resulting in two straps that extend across the face of the holster to the opposite side. The underfold extend above the upper fold by about ½” to ¾”
5. The holster is secured by a leg strap approximately ½ – ¾” in width. The leg strap is secured two overlapping strap keepers
6. There upper part of the holster features three loops in tan to natural cotton canvas webbing with three “energy pellet” greeblies, just below the beltling
7. Additionally, the remaining part of the holster “drop” is divided equally with three lines of white horizontal stitching
The applicant should be clean shaven or “5 o’clock shadow” and have a similar hairstyle.
Standard reviewed and approved by the Costume Standards Committee: 1 February 2018
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the Detachment Officer for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build, or post a ‘Work in Progress’ (WIP) thread on the forum. (LCJ listing here)