Sabé is the most important of Queen Amidala’s royal retinue of handmaidens. During crisis situations, Sabé and Amidala switch roles. Sabé becomes a decoy, disguised as the Queen, while Amidala adopts a simple gown of a handmaiden, and goes by her less formal name of Padmé Naberrie. When in this role, Sabé and Padmé secretly communicate with subtle signals as to not divulge their true identities. During the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo, Sabé posed as the Queen on several occasions. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Vest is made of a matte white or off-white fabric.
- Vest is sleeveless and hip-length.
- Vest has a high, standing collar with rounded center front corners.
- Vest and collar are padded and have small diamond quilting throughout.
- Vest closes in the center front without visible closures until bottom edge of obi.
- Vest has matching white/off-white edging around the sleeve holes, collar, and bottom.
- Vest has light grey or white/off-white, thick edging or small placard over the center front closure.
- Fitted, long-sleeved black shirt.
- Sleeves reach to the wrists.
- Shirt has a horizontal line texture. Fabric may be ribbed, have narrow flat pleats, pin-tucks, or tight crinkling.
- Shirt fabric may be matte or have a slight sheen.
- Shirt may have a light gray, white, or off-white standing collar. Collar is open in the front with rounded corners. Shirt collar is shorter than the vest collar.
- Fitted light gray pants made of a matte fabric.
- Pants have a center front, center back, and side seams on both legs.
- Pants tuck into the boots.
- Pants do not have visible pockets.
- Light gray obi made of a matte, medium-weight fabric.
- Obi is worn over the vest and under the belt.
- Obi is approximately 2-2.5 times as wide as the belt, with more visible above the belt than below.
- Obi covers the lower part of the rib cage.
- Obi has no visible fasteners.
- Obi has vertical seams or overlaps on the center-right and center-left of the torso.
- The overlap on the front of the obi can also be a fitted obi bow or keeper to hide closure.
- Black or dark brown belt made of leather or leather-like material.
- Belt is approximately 2-3” / 5-7.5 cm wide.
- Belt closes in the center front with a square, silver bar-pin buckle. The belt tongue hangs to the right of the buckle.
- There is a holster on the right side of the belt. Holster is made of a matching leather or leather-like material. Holster is fitted to the shape of a blaster pistol, with an open bottom where the blaster barrel can hang down.
- The holster has a narrow strap that loops over the top of the blaster handle and fasteners to the holster with a silver snap.
- There are 1-3 dark to medium brown pouches on the right side of the belt. Two pouches are square shaped and close with a top flap, fastened with a silver snap. The pouch furthest back may be a rectangular, long pouch or also square. Pouches are made of a leather or leather-like material.
- There are two dark to medium brown pouches on the left side of the belt. Both pouches close with a top flap, fastened with a silver snap. The first pouch is square and the second may be either square or long and rectangular. Pouches are made of a leather or leather-like material.
- There is a keeper loop/bar on either side of the buckle. Keepers are either silver or match the color of the belt.
- Cape is made of matte white or off-white medium-weight fabric.
- Cape hangs down to the mid-thighs or knees.
- Cape may be cut straight across the bottom or come to a rounded point.
- Cape has no visible seams and is worn wrapped around the neck.
- Cape has no visible closures.
- Cape can be closed center front with the left overlapping the right or wrapped left over right and draped over the right shoulder.
- Cape may also be constructed as a pullover with a hole in the fabric for the head.
- Boots are black and knee-high.
- Boots are made of leather or leather-like material with a slight sheen.
- Boots are higher in the front than on the back of the leg.
- Boots have a low to moderate heel (roughly 1.5”-2” / 3 cm – 5 cm).
- Boots have a gray or light tan heel and sole.
- Boots may have a black zipper inside the leg.
- Fitted black or medium to dark gray gloves with wide white or off-white cuffs.
- Gloves have a slight sheen and may be made of a knit material, leather, leather-like material, or similar.
- Cuffs extend from the wrist and flare out roughly 1/3 up the forearm. Cuffs have structure and are not limp.
- Hair is parted on the right, pulled back and tied at the mid-back of the head.
- The hair is then twisted into multiple narrow coils, which aretwisted into loops to create a large bun-like effect.
- Natural-occurring hair colors only (brown recommended), no bangs.
Note: If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.
- A light gray, white, or off-white scarf is worn under the vest, looped around the neck.
- A black and silver blaster similar in style to the DL-44 blaster.
- Black blaster rifle with long cylindrical barrel and a blocky scope on top, similar to a DLT-20A.
- Barrel has circular vent holes cut into the barrel all over it.
- Blaster rifle has a curved, wedge-shaped butt, with a circular indentation on the sides.
- Blaster rifle may hang from a strap on the right side of the belt or a cross-body strap across the chest.
• Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/sabe-vader-comic/
• Member Build Threads – http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60839
Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.