Salporin was a Wookiee warrior in the Kachirho Wookiee Militia in the Wookiee Army of the Galactic Republic. He fought in the Battle of Kashyyyk, one of the final engagements of the Clone Wars. (Source Wookieepedia)
- 7’/213 cm Minimum Height Required
- Complete hair suit using natural or synthetic fibers, either tied or using National Fiber Technology Hair. No fun fur or modified Rubies suits.
- Hair is primarily dark blonde with brown patches on the upper chest and shoulders, back, back of calves, and front of thighs. Salporin has a subtle tan diamond/oval-shaped outline on torso.
- Hair must average at least 6″ / 15 cm or longer, but 8-10 inch / 20-26 cm long hair is preferred.
- Complete coverage is required; no bald spots or exposed skin/undersuit.
- Arm length must be proportionate to that of the overall body look. No T-REX Arms.
- Mask hair must match the suit.
- The mask must completely cover the head and neck, without completely obscuring the shape of the shoulders.
- The eyes, a smooth black nose, and a large jaw/muzzle must all be clearly visible.
- Salporin’s mask is primarily dark blonde. The bridge of the nose, forehead, top of the head, and back of the head should be brown.
- A slight mustache feature s also present and must match the colour of brown used for darker areas of the face.
- The mouth has a slight frown when closed.
- The mask hair must be smooth and well groomed, not bushy, so that the mask’s shape and structure are clear.
- Static masks must not be frozen in an opened position. All static mouths are to be fully closed.
- Eye makeup (shades of black or brown) must be worn around the eyes and completely cover any exposed skin.
- Although a functioning jaw and/or lip snarl is not required, the skin and lips of any mechanical masks must appear as one piece, rather than a separated jaw and face. This refers only to the mask’s outward appearance, not the underskull. Costumers should be aware that mechanical jaws and lips are complex projects requiring purpose-built components using special materials. They cannot simply be added to an existing latex rubber mask. Consult the costuming resources and fellow Wookiee costumers for advice on this project.
- Dark brown, gray, or black gloves are to be worn.
- There must be enough overlap between the gloves and the wrists of the hair suit that no skin is exposed.
- Gloves may be made of leather, vinyl, cloth, or rubber.
- Claws/nails are encouraged, but not required.
- Feet must be completely covered with hair except for the bottom and the toes.
- Feet are either brown or black with black toenails
- Feet must have 5 toes with visible claws/toenails and are symmetrical right and left
- A “vest” made of crisscrossed leather rope must be worn on the chest and over the shoulders.
- Over the left shoulder, a fringe of darker, thinner strands of rope must be present.
- The vest ends in a plated loincloth feature in a nature tan color.
- Merumeru may also wear a scaled helmet as seen in ROTS battle scenes.
- Light gold in color with a solid Mohawk running down the center
Updated: March 17, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.