As captain of the Volt Cobra, the smuggler and swindler Sana Starros has a reputation for no-nonsense business dealings that make even Han Solo blush. But beneath the hardened shell is a scoundrel with a heart, willing to risk her life for credits that will benefit those in need or join a band of rebels to overthrow the Empire. (Source: Star Wars Databank)
- Black long sleeved jumpsuit of low to medium sheen knit/stretchy material.
- The jumpsuit zips in the front with an invisible zipper.
- The jumpsuit is fitted but loose enough for a wide range of motion that would be required for the daily life of a smuggler.
- There are two vertical seams on the side front of the jumpsuit.
- Medium green to dark green, matte, medium-weight material.
- Material has a concentric diamond-shaped pattern with optional additional chevron-shaped geometric line patterns or a large herringbone pattern. Pattern may be woven, printed, embroidered, finely painted, or similar.
- The body part of the bolero is well fitted and comes down somewhere between the low chest and the small of the waist in the front, and falls slightly below the natural waist in the back, only slightly above the sash. It makes an upside-down V shape in the front under the cowl/cape.
- The cowl/cape part may or may not be attached. It falls slightly above the knee in the back and comes down to somewhere between the low chest and the small of the waist in the front.
- The bolero has sleeves that come down past the elbow and are fairly fitted.
- The collar is a cowl.
- There may be a second looser overlayer of the sleeves that stops at the shoulder.
- The cowl may be stiff enough to stand upright, or not.
Note: The bolero has several different configurations depending on the comic artist. Any variations should be based on a single or set of reference images, and should not be mixed and matched.
- Sash is made of the same material as the bolero.
- Sash is styled like a scarf tied around the hips with either:
- One end hanging to roughly ankle length or
- Both ends tucked and hidden way
- Sash should be approximately three times as wide as the main belt portion of the holster (or around 4.5”(11.5 cm))
- It may sit asymmetrically and appear wider on your right side.
- Dark brown to black leather or leather-like gunbelt with Chicago screws.
- Has two Chicago screws (or similar) on the left hip, one above the other, two more also one above the other just to the right of the belt buckle, and two more side by side just to the right of the buckle of the strap leading to the holster
- Features on the right front a dark grey rectangular object with two circular holes (one above the other) in it, and a small square leather pouch that matches the belt in color. On the left side of the buckle, there is a small C-25 style fragmentation grenade
- Fragmentation grenade is cylindrical with tapered ends and vertical ribbing, with a small indented ring around the middle
- Six-sided belt buckle in the center front
- Buckle’s top side should be slightly longer than the bottom side
- Upper sides should be longer than lower sides
- Holster is the same color and material as the rest of the gunbelt. It is on the wearer’s right leg reaching to approximately the knee and featuring a strap around mid-thigh.
- Holster should be fitted for EE-4 Blaster
- Holster has a strap with a snap at the end capable of going over and strapping a blaster in
- There may be two additional Chicago screws one above the other just to the left of the buckle
- Color are matte gold (but not metallic), pale yellow, or reddish brown. Gold is preferred, as that is the most common color in the comic series.
- If gloves are gold or pale yellow, the material is suede or a similar soft thick material.
- If gloves are reddish brown, the material is suede, leather, or a leather-like material.
- Gloves have a very wide cuff at the wrist.
- Gloves may have a slit in the cuff
- Matte gold (but not metallic) or light brown with yellowish undertone boots. If both the gloves and boots are gold, the golds must match or be very similar.
- Boots end between the mid-calf and knee
- Boots are made of suede or a similar material
- Boots are largely unadorned.
- Boots be a little loose and baggy, but not overly so.
- Zippers are allowed if hidden or matching and must be on the inside of the boot.
- Hair is dreaded or worn loose (coily or curly) and natural.
- Approximately shoulder length or longer is recommended.
- All natural hair colors are accepted (black or dark brown recommended).
Note: If a wig, extensions, or hair pieces are used, they must be high quality and look like real hair.
- EE-4 style blaster rifle/carbine riffle
- Size should be near in length to the costumers thigh
- Blaster is primarily silver in color with black grips and scope, and appropriate weathering
Note: Other blasters can be approved if references of being carried with this costume are provided.
- If hair is dreaded, two gold dread rings may be worn on a large dread on the right side
- If hair is dreaded, green dread wraps may be worn on several medium sized dreads.
Updated: August 15, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.