[magny image=”http://www.newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/r0tn.png” title=”” description=”” align=”right” click=”1″ scroll_zoom=”1″ small_image=”http://www.newsite.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/r0tn-300×256.png” canvas_mode=”1″ maxwidth=”300px” zoom=”2″ dia=”200px” skin=”new-im-frame-simple,new-title-below,new-description-off,new-slider-below,new-im-magnifier-light new-im-magnifier-square” ]
Tusken Raiders, less formally referred to as Sand People or simply as Tuskens, were a culture of nomadic, primitive sentients indigenous to Tatooine, where they were often hostile to local settlers. The term Sand People was given to them due to their existence in the desert, and was in use from at least around 4000 BBY; but the more formal name of Tusken Raiders was acquired much later, due to a period of concerted attacks on the settlement at Fort Tusken in 98-95 BBY. Although this name is often used as a common term for the race, it actually refers only to the participants of the attack on the settlement.
Specialists studying the past of the Tusken Raiders also used the term Ghorfa to denote an earlier sedentary phase of their culture, and lastly Kumumgah, for the earliest stratum of sentient civilization on the planet, believed by some to represent a common ancestry shared by the Ghorfa and the Jawas. In the culture of the Tuskens, to expose any part of the flesh was forbidden and seen as a disgrace. (Source: Wookiepedia)
1. Golden-Bronze Female Tusken mask: ( suggested to have some green tint to give it a weathered copper look). The forehead portion has 3 “jewels”, there’s a wire mesh visor, 4 divots in the nose/cheek area. The“bib” has 9 chinks each with an oval in the center and one long piece at the bottom, 5 bones in the center, a half circle at the end of the bones.
2. Layered Shawl/Burka – Weathered Tan/Sand Monk material (or similar) lighter than the dress. The shawl length should end below the knees and be somewhat formfitting.
3. Dress/Inner Robe: Lighter weight Monk material (similar to shawl) Full skirted, Dress can be short sleeved or long sleeved (see note on arm wraps). Must be weathered, especially at the bottom.
4. Weathered, Tan/mustard colored cotton or leather gloves . NO satin or velvet.
5. Weathered bronze color tribal design bracelets.
6. Gauze or muslin Arm wraps, wrapped up to the elbow. If dress is short-sleeved , there must be no visible skin..
7. Shoes/Boots must be covered in weathered muslin or gauze strips of cloth (maybe cutaway on the bottom of the soles for safety). The wraps must go up the legs w/no visible skin
8. Sturdy leather or leather like material bag/purse. Check BailCo Bail Bonds site. Rectangle or long “half” oval shape with a half circle bone or bone like clasp in the front.
9. Belt/Sash – Gauze or similar material cloth belt/sash
- Papoose- Cloth wrapped Tusken Raider child carrier
- Tusken Raider Child
- Gaderffii (gaffi stick)- of similar design to the styles used in Episode 2 and Episode 4.
Credited: Jada (Hope “Jada” Diaz)