Wampas are powerful furred bipeds that dwell in the snowy wastes of the ice world Hoth. These hulking predators have razor-sharp fangs and claws, yet move with surprising stealth, relying on their white fur for camouflage while hunting prey such as tauntauns. Star Wars Databank
- 7’/213 cm Height Preferred
- Complete hair suit using natural or synthetic fibers, at least 4”/ 10 cm in length.
- Hair must be matte (not shiny) white or cream with proper weathering/ bloodstains.
- Patches, stripes, and other fur patterns as seen in LFL media are acceptable.
- Suit must not have visible closures or lines (seams). Suit must fit the wearer and be padded to replicate the proper silhouette.
- Complete coverage is required; no bald spots or exposed skin/undersuit.
- Suit must have proper proportions as seen in onscreen refs.
- Mask hair must match the suit.
- The mask must completely cover the head and neck, without completely obscuring the shape of the shoulders.
- Head must have 2 black horns curving from the sides to the mouth. These must be made of a solid or solid looking material and textured as seen in on screen.
- No Wampa skin is seen except around the mouth, eyes, and on the nose. Skin must be darker than the fur, ranging from beige to black.
- Wearers own eyes may be visible
- Teeth must be sharp and yellowed/weathered. We must be able to see 2 canines top and bottom with 4 teeth between each set of canines.
- Mouth may articulate or be static. If articulated, we must be able to see a pink tongue when the mouth opens.
- Nose must be cream coloured and visible and textured as seen on screen, with two nostrils.
- 2 pointed ears must be visible on the top of the head.
- Fur must match the suit.
- Arms must extend below the Wampa’s “knees”
- There must be enough overlap between the gloves and the wrists of the hair suit that no skin is exposed.
- Hands must have 4 fingers and a thumb with sharp, black claws exposed
- Palms may show visible, black “wampa skin”
- Feet must be completely covered with hair except for the claws.
- Feet fur must match the suit.
- Feet must have 3 visible sharp, black claws.
Updated: April 5, 2023
For Face Characters: Tattoos and body piercings – No tattoos or body piercings may be visible unless it is a tattoo/piercing the character has. They must be covered with makeup or by the costume.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build.